Monday, October 01, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood. - Sunday Jan. 1973

Dear Petite Rave, Ta, for your letter. Sorry to hear about the job! Lynne and Dinah still work there ( except no substitutes! ) Lynne and admirer friends again. I've been working hard these last few days, helping Bill redecorate a nasty little flat in London, near Olympia. Just three small rooms, but tiring scraping off the old wallpaper ( bringing the plaster with it!) and washing down paintwork etc. It smelt awful to begin with ( Accordion to the old woman next door it was a "drug den" !) One could imagine the place filled with Chinese puffing away at opium - but in reality it was just a couple of dirty stoodents! I've finished now thank goodness and all my debts are paid, well, almost. I hated travelling to London in the back of Bill's van every day - it was so cold and uncomfortable. We went to the Royal Collage of Art for a drink on Friday nite and saw Ed there getting all evil. He was showing everybody his pocket warmer he got for Christmas! We popped to see Barry last week after work and he gave me his old amplifier to play with 'cos he's got a new posh hi-fi twoddler. He didn't give very good instructions to wire it up - and today was nearly electroputed whilst poking wires in! Aaaarrrgh! Booby trapped no doubt! Now I can't play my new Boogie Woogie Piano Greats L.P. I bought in Woolworths! I don't suppose you feel like writing much now you are a working lass, but do try to let me know how the job is and what lunatics you meet etc. on one of them nice B.M. postcarts. I haven't had much time to do old "clog" racks, what with decorating and all, but I have managed to do the Supergirl frontice piece and have traced out Superman ready for transfer on old orange box. Should be finished by the end of the week. What strange doodles?! That Sealegs gets more flash each day! He'll be wearing earrings next! I've managed to shake that wretched cold off - I went to the launderette today and half my washing was snotty hankies! Ugh! Our telly's broke again - so I couldn't watched Fred Astaire film that was on today - rats! I went to Basildump yesterday. I think I should have stayed there! Perhaps will be in Southend neck weak end for drinky poos. Hello for now, Zipp Fastener ( the human fly )

No comments: