Sunday, October 07, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood - 6th August 1972

Dear peasmold, Thanks for your boring old letter. I wus wunderin' when I'd get an inkling of your whereabouts. I thought you'd be in Nova Scotia by now? I've been to Dunwich too, what a boring place. Did you see the "House in the clouds" at Thorpe Ness? (near Dunwich ) Have you read a story by H. P. Lovecraft called "The Dunwich Horror" ? Just the sort of place you wouldn't expect anything interesting like a monster to live! It's a different Dunwich of course. The best Evelyn War book I ever read was "Decline & Fall". Did I tell you we have a telly now again to hypnotise us to the early hours. The "Bob Hope" films are good also David Attenborough in the mornings before Noggin The Nog. I won't write anymore as I will only repeat it all Saturday if I don't fall asleep! I understand from Barry, that drink in the dreaded Bob haunted Grand is in the offing? So see you cheery chokes there I 'spect. I will probably ring from Basildump to confirm my wildest fears. Yours plumpsiously, Gerald B. Nostriltrap C.N.D.

No comments: