Thursday, October 18, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood - Jan. 26th 1972

Dear Silly you's, fancy thinkin' that drawing was of you and Sealegs when really it was a pigment of my imagination, a slight resemblence I grant yoVen ish yourn ( yawn ) boppin' day o huge one? Ven wilt thou hast baty don le jollie maison due Cleverclogs Claire? Yes, the film was quite goot. It was James ( legend in his own time ) Dean and Lizzie taylor and Hud Rockson in GIANT. James Dean's little methods acting bits were good and the rest was real turdy. Good cartoon on wiv it, with Speedy Gonzales, the fastest mouse in all Mehico! Yaribaa! Yareeba!u but above (*) is a real artist's impression! Thank you for yo' letter o most prolific one. I cannot tell you how it duth delighteth me! My beamish face a lighteth with just one sleepy glipse of suth a lether, thorly ith it a vork ov ein enthantresh? A spock smock? I do nut undershdand?! I like the enclosures velly mush. Shpeshly de strangsh animalsh on de ballanshin head! Is dish de sausage cow? Riding in Bill's van is quite an experience as it's all empty and freezin' cold in the back. You have to sit on the bits that the wheels go in, and there's a metal grill between you and the driver so it's like a "Paddy Wagon" also. Corse i won't have to teach silly! Who'd give a scruffy 'erbert like me a job?! Get the kiddies into bad habits! I'm applying for this part time job at Ingatestone Secondary School at the moment. It keeps the Social Security people happy that's all. What horrid Beverly Sisters song could it be I wonder? Not "Sisters" ? or "Got to have money in the bank Frank"? "Mary's Boy Child"? Your dad has better luck than me gutter sniping. I wish I could find half peas. (1) I had no exclaimation to give. Confused, without pluss (2) A light with high vocabulary. Arking light. Light acting? It's poetry appreciation time - Yesterday I did my washing..... And hung it on the line... The sun was shining brightly....But will it dry in time? I had no money for a laundramat....so filled the bath with water.....And soaked my bigs and smalls,,, Just Like a good boy oughta. ( marked one out of ten ) I like the envelope with primitive type, trees floating as if suspended by sellotape in the air! It was nice to see you all on Sunday - you should get Dave to come over more often and stay longer! I put up another shelf to accomodate my increasing library. It took 2 hours! I'm not very good at carpenting, especially things as awkward as shelves. But now it's given me much more space , things were beginning to pile up around me, choking me to death! Aaarrrrgh! I come over all funny! I re-hung some of the pictures too. Taking down some old ones and putting new ones up. Makes a change. Lynne is making a pair of jeans but she thinks they are going to be flared like looners, she wants drainpipes! She's a bit set in her ways , poor girl. Ed beat up another kitchen porter who threw a cup of tea over him, he leaves Fords at the end of the month. Bill is once again working in his stew dew next door to popsters. He said he p---ed in Steve Marriot's head as he passed his window. he also said that the bloke who is buried outside ( his church hall) comes to haunt him in the shape of a dulux Emulsion can! Bill says all kinds of things. Bill is my friend. Lynne has just sewn her legs togther! I made a cheese flan last night. Unfortunately I baked the pastry "blind" as suggested. But put it out the window instead of in the oven! Enclosed are some examples of my great skill as a photographer. Don't keep them in the daylight for too long! Blessings and peace. Johnny Maestro and His Shuffling Hungarians.

No comments: