Sunday, October 07, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood - 5th January 1973

Dear Oiliness The Pope, I thought it was my terrible jokes that made you depressed? Nevermind, these things are scent to sniff at. Every clod has a saliva lining etc. Where else would I bee? No I haven't heard the one about the man who sets fire to himself in front of some cricketers, how does it go? What an almost coincidence! I found a pink setter teeth wandering around outside my mouth this morning! I phoned the owners in Little Burstead who said they often went for a natter after dinner. Poor old Jim. Lynne isn't going back to the B.M. 'cos she says the 70 year old Indian who is madly in love with her and keeps sending her rude letters! What perkoolier papeer! Did you find it in a road outside a church? I went to Romford today and spent a fruitless searching after a record by Tim Buckley. Instead to quell the feverish yearnings I bought a "Lady In A Bath" - "But you can't get her in" - on the side of the bath it says "Diamonds are a girls best friends" for reasons that are apparent. Hours of fun! I got some Rupert books and a silly old knitting book for Evonne, as it's her birthday soon. Also enclosed disc to do the Bees Knees ( very famous dance similar to the Caddis Fly Limbo ) to! Gray face the cat has found a comfortable perch upon my record player. This is very annoying, especially when I want to play them! Did I say I got a Boots Scribbler Diary to scribble in? I think I did. I haven't missed a day so far - must be a record! Cleverclogs has sent me some Super Ribbed sweater cuttings and I've potted them on the window sill. B.F.N. Sidney Harbour Bridge.

No comments: