Friday, October 19, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood - 24th Oct. 1972

Hellow Sailor, Seems as if we are crossing our moorings matey, ahaaargh! Lyne and Dinah's job doesn't involve typing at all or any kind of paper work as far as I can make out. All they do is look for books in a huge library, but they must be blind folded and with a ball and chain, so it does make it a bit tricky! It's pretty boring they tell me, and most of the people only work there a few weeks then vanish! (made into mummy's most likely !) Mind you, the job does have it's perks, like postcards are only 2p instead of 3p! ( They sent me one of a nice Japanese landscape today )and you occasionally get a glimpse of some nice old books. Yes, I saw that new hardback edition of the Monty P's B.R.B. today in the crummy little book shop in Brentwood.I didn't have any money to buy it though as I'd just spent my last pennies on food and the "Roxy Music" LP and new needle for my wind up gramaphone. There's a book of Goon Show Scipts out soon I think. No I haven't sold my Singing Dogs. It's the best record of singing dogs I have so it's quite precious to me. I'm trying to get hold of a record of tap dancing pygmy shrews - don't know anybody who's got one do you? A record I mean , not a pygmy shrew! Your little excursion up the Limpopo does sound rather fun, it reminds me of the Eric Sykes Show a couple of weeks ago, or Carry On Up The Grand Union! I hate supermarket, I always try and shop at the little back street grocers - you know "Sainsburys" and "Woolworths". At least they don't have somebody impersonating the New Seekers or Middle Of The Road concealed behind the frozen peas! Our milk lady is revoltin' too! There's about 20 empty bottles on the doorstep and she refuses to take them away! Perhaps she doesn't like the smell of stale beer? I like velly much de fish an chip an de vunny improbable monkey. Yours. Looie Canvas

No comments: