Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood - 29th Jan. 1973

Dear Keeper of manuscripts and fellow bookbinders anonymous, I shall be up the metrollops on Thursday to the R.A. exhibition of Rossetti Bolognese the famous pasta impersonator and anything' else interestin'. Barry will probably let Dave know about our lunch time rendezvous. I don't think I'll have time to visit the B.M. though, drat! I've just lent Ed a quid - fooled again! Lynne and Dinah are playing truant from work . Tired of London, Ed has stayed here a couple of days amongst the squalor of his past. He, Bill and I collected huge rotted logs from a nice wood near Doddinghurst. An old woman told us off for trespassing on Forestry Commission land , but after Bill and Ed did their "ever so 'umble" act she went away with obvious astonishment at the ruffians courteous apollyloggies. Last night we played a strenuous football game ( like you see in pubs, or slot machine places ) at Lynne's brothers. I lost every match. Not surprising really , with their puppy Pooch doing rude things to my leg! Ah sure am hungry. My tummy's beating out a navel tattoo! Think I'll got to Ken's now and get me some black eyed peas an' chittlins! Bill's had a crew cut again and left most of his wig spread out on my exotic eastern carpet. Ed did the honours. I meant to bring dose racks de Clogs last weekend but one came unstuck. I'll give dem next time, perhaps if you come here? See you Dave, I mean Michael.

No comments: