Monday, October 15, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood - 16th July 1973

Dear Little W. Have I written lately ? I can't recamember. All this dustbining is going to my head ( side of my neck specifically !) I'm waiting for my water to get hot. Not so painful as it sounds really, just that the emersion was on the blink and now I've mended a fuse so keeping my fingers crossed. Is D. married yet or still on tenderhooks? All my friendships seem to be on the wane, as it were, just lately. I think it must be my fault. The "novelty" of the bins has soon worn off. It rained today so I didn't do much work - just sat in the lorry and listened to vile dustman's stories - stories about their wives operations and injections ( we have a medical student in our lorry who likes to diagnose such things)? Dirty beast! I found a radio that worked ( I didn't know it at the time ) and foolishly gave it to Harry the dwarf. Now we'll have Jimmy Young during the tea break! Aaarrrgh! Anything but that! Time for my bath now - must wash this batch of used tea bags out of my hair! Byee! Roving Mike.

No comments: