Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood - Saturday July 29th 1972

Yes,, it's me again - smiling Micky Wombat here to write awhile,country style! Yahoo! Bless your hearts and here's Jim. ooh that smarts! Thanks for your letter full of goodies. That records funny - ho ho! Sounds very dated though? I like the Bunkum Boys too, that style of drawing seems nice and old somehow and the language? is kinda kute! Dawgawn it! Not much cop at the humpty dump tonight - only a 3p stamp unfranked and a photo of Dylan Thomas by Bill Brandt from some supplement or other. Smelly boxes of meat and flies puts you off yer hunting a bit! Better on Sundays. SUNDAY - What a coincidence! Linda is as bonko as ever, perhaps even more so! No, I don't particularly want to throw confettie bolognese at those spliced in matlock - I have an aversion to weddings. I've nearly finished the second clock face and will bring them over next Friday, is that OK? Writing of reddings - another I didn't go too, but Lynne and Dinah did, was Chris & Roger who went to Africa as missionarys. They were wed in a Quacker church, 'cos they're quackers I think. Apparently they had to read out the service themselves and the audience or relatives could join in if they knew the words. Well, something like that. The only other wedding I went to was that of Trevor and Worm in Manchester at the registry office. It must have been the quickest on record. I think the bloke gave an edited version because there was a long queue of wooried lookin' chaps and large ladies waiting' to come in. Later that uneventful day. What a bore, I hate Sundays! Especially the grey dismal dreadful Sundays. I made a birthday card for my untwizzly sister and painted a Billy The Bean plark plak bach? and listened to the "Beadles Story" part 2398 and then went down the you-know-where and tripped over the appaling gypsies and piles of rotting veg. etc. only to find 3 silly books and a packet of fuse wire, a photo of film star( enclosed) and a small wooden frame. What no old age pensioners? No gold chains? No old monies? It' not worth my while going down there anymore! What's the world coming too? I'd like to know? It's lovely and quiet here with Bill and Ed away still. So quite you could hear a scone drop. Dinah has got lots of beetles and spiders etc. in her room and she even dreams about them! There's fanatical! My mother sent me a picture of the leaning tower of Pisa by sunset. Blah blah blanks! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Urm! yes, er, well, so much for Sunday. Yours positively, The Cad of St. Fanny's.

No comments: