Monday, October 01, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood - 2nd Jan. 1973

Dear Slaxie Wacksy, Ooh dear I do feel foony! I'm all bunged up, so to speak, with the colditze in de head. A fine way to start the year! That's one resolution broken already, whoops! There goes another! Crash! Klunk! Zhizoo! Slurp! I got that letter from Cleverclogs today. All rather confusing, is she "with it" ? Unfortunately I haven't any Super Bladder comix to get inspiration from, have you get any? She hasn't left me much time! Did you see that Zorro film on Monday? I like a bit of swashbuckling! There was certainly a lot of swashed buckles by the time it was over! I listened to Millagna tonight on the radio, have you heard that? A bit too much crummy jazz singists in it though! Have you read "Tarka The Otter" yet? I've just read a book called "Rock File" which is quite interesting, tells you how to get to be a "rock writer" amongst other things. There's a handy list of all the records that made the top twenty from 1955 to 1969 too! Wowweee! Do you remember Brian Poole and the Trems? ( How could you forget!) Well, believe it or not, Brian Poole is Bill's cousin! He's now a butcher in Ilford and has got a bald head and weighs 18 stone!! Bill went to see him last week, first time in 8 years, he says he's ever so nice, shy, and introverted. I guess that's why he didn't last long! This is from a book Lynne gave me for Xmas - "At a village in Effex, not far from Rumford, fome children were playing near a windmill; to fee the fails go round looked very pleafing, but one little boy going to examine them more clofely than hefhould have done, was fthruck by one of the fails, which carried him a confiderable diftance, and, when found, he was lifelefs." At last the porridge has been devoured, the cat lies posphate on the carpet, legs akimbo, her pregnat lump now ridiculously swelled with the oats. I must oft to the library now to buy a flannel face flapper. Try and get dave to pop over for a drink sometime, I promise to be in! Yours sneezily, Rudolph Nosegrip.

No comments: