Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood - 30th Nov. 1971

Dear C. of the Upper Sixth, I have de flu or just maybe a cold. I sneezed thrice on waking this morning I am told. The pills my Mum gave me I gulped down with water. I later had a tingling sensation in my armpit ( doesn't rhyme ). Ed said I would soon have a heart attack. I think he was telling me fibs. Lynne says you can get drunk on hot potatoes. Ed is bringing the home made wine in from the cold to warm by the fire. The friendly pig farming religious maniac from next door is nailing in our garden. Lynne admits to liking tortoises. Ed recieved one in a parcel this morning. Later we discovered it wasa crash helmet. "If in doubt cut it off". What is the freindly pig farming religious maniac the killer doing now? Ed will not wear the gaunlets on his feet, so to RUN the gaunlet. He has not very sense of humour. Ho ho! This morning the flu it seems to have gone. I'm very glad it didn't last long. Did you see "The Strange World Of Planet X" last night? It had me in stitches, it gave me a fright. Alas and alack it is too late for the post. Looks like we'll be walking the streets in the frost.? Who wants the sack every day anyway. Wearing silly arm bands and not getting much pay. I cold never write like Tennison! I was gonna write a chain letter but it weighed too much so here's a paper one. I can't stay locked up in here much longer, I'll have to brave the telly room again and endure Max Bygraves film ! As long as he doesn't sing "I'm a Pink Toothbrush!" ( picture a manure heap ) Wellie tanks for you letter just received, delivered by a strange bandy legged gentleman who jumped into my room and tossed it on my waking head. Chortle chortle! I made some real Scotch porridge dis mornin' , ach's mon! Lynne is still trying to scrape it from the ceiling. Commune life sure is fun! Edwin is pouring coffee over people again- he's never been the same since he shaved his beard off! I Spy books are back! So L. says anyway we were saying they'll probably be horrid modern ones with things like I Spy Pollution and I Spy Travelling Disco's and I Spy 10 Lane Motorway! What is woad? Is it a woadside herb? Answers please on a postcard to Daniel Woad, 33 Wode Woad, Woadshire, Bucks. What is a yarrow? Bloody stoopid questions! Questions ! Questions"! Who's Nigel? Tonbridge was a bit too posh, like, for our family. "No Spittin' " signs everywhere annat, so we comes to Basildon to start a new life, in a new pure land. Where men can be men, need I go on? P. T. O.

No comments: