Friday, October 05, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood. - 6th August 1973

Dear Pindly Fin beat, Well now let me see - yes, fearwells and lo - there came to pass an almighty calm which lasted a whole 3 hours. I think everybody was suffering from shock - even Bob didn't have much to say! What we needed was someone like you to inject new vigour and excitement into our dreary lives! We certainly needed a scapegoat of some kind - it ended up being Sealegs! Well, you can't win 'em all! May his fish fingers curl up and drop oiff into the stale fat - which I call life. I don't mean it of course. As if i would! FRED ASTAIRE. I've taken the day off as the weather looked pretty grim when I awoke from slumberland this morning i.e. P____W! down with rain. And the weather man on the wireless said it would last all day. However it's 11am. and sunny spells seem to be abundant at the moment, so I'll have a chance to lurch up the post office and post my corresponge cake. donse! I promised to make my brother some badges too so, I'll do that. I'll have to work Saturday now to make up the lost money. O lack-a-day! Woe-is-a-me-bops! I thought of a nice little ditty whilst gathering the rubbish yesterday as ickle raindrops pattered down on my nose and neck. It began "Bins are many splendoured things - they make my nose swell and my ear-'oles ring. I've found a little piece of candle and there's slime on the handle. It's joys like this that burst me into song!" Well that's about all for now. This is your quiz and quizziter Michael Smiles saying goodbye for now. Cheerio everybody! BONG!

No comments: