Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood - 7th July 1973

C Dear, Postcard your for thankyou. I heard "I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas" by The Goons this morning on the wireless radio. It gave me a buzz, man. What is this? ( arrow pointing to doodle of kangaroo and snake shape ) Answers please on a pound note to - Mrs. Ethel Thrope, 71 Beesbumcolor Road Gladys Bay, Xesse. Iv'e decided not to watch "The Dancing Years" - this afternoon's family film starry Dennis Price because John just told me Ivor Novello was " a nancy". Disgusting! Smut! Filth! etc. I've just recovered from a cold that enabled me three days of work without pay, pretty smart eh? Now I'll have to work an extra week to catch up! Poo! I've been mounting up some colour photos of my work ( pegs and cotton reels etc.) which cost me nearly £6 for 36 prints! Ridiculous! I bought some great old 78's in the Oxfam shop last week, including Spike Jones, Frankie Laine, Jimmy Rodgers, Roy Rogers & Dale Evans singing "Happy Trails To You" also Bing Crosby and Al Jolson. I'm glad you enjoyed the pardy woo woo and I've heard it all now cocoa plants fresh fish cormorants are forever blowing bubbles. That's just to confuse you! (If you are not already that is!) Coo! It's nearly dump time! I can hardly contain myself! Phloop! Phrawp! There it goes again! The dumps not so good in the Summer. I prefer it in the Autumn when it's dark and I have to take a torch to search for things - more exciting! Lots of jumble sales then of course. Back to the bins tomorrow. Rats! Most perplexly. A dustman of no uncertain leverage. Rupert K. Postlethwaite.

No comments: