Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood - 14th Feb. 1972

dear C. What a lovely day it is, likes the first day of Springe - Boinnng! Did you see "Up Sunday" last night? It was quite funny with some Woman's Institute choir singing Wordsworth's "Daffodils"! and zany Kenny Everett being zany as usual. I came back to Pilgrim's Hatch today and found some wood in my room! I think somebody wants me to make something maybe? Enclosed is a carte le malade pour le Clare de looner. I hope she is back to edam squatting and hand jiving like the best of 'em soon. Your double act would have livened up that dull pardy no end I think. Ed had gone off on his motorbike never to return, we couldn't be that lucky! He'll probably be back for tea with his head all dented in. A method of bringing a disobedient spirit into subjection. Make a fire of drye cowturds and such like stinking stuffe, and write the spirits name in virgine parchment - then burne it, saying the curse following ( After a conjuration ) Izzy wizzy - let's get busy! I had some of Bill's "Butterbean Surprise" for dinner.Wow! was I! I've got a sore froat from sleeping in dave's air conditioned sittin' room. No wonder I keep missing my last bus. The last bus is at 9.20 ! Ridicklemus! I remember now, I haven't read the "Tin Drum" at all, just the first few pages. I found it hard to get into, because it's so small I suppose - they really should make these paperbacks bigger! Then I could use it as a tent when I go hiking and reading tour of South Benfleet. I shall try and read it again. "Look George!" I said, "I really can't help it if your blessed fire goes out, after all you are burning wire and nails on it!" Must dash to catch the postman and wallop his glateus maximus. Ooooh! Yourn, Littel Anthony and the Mint Imperials.

No comments: