Saturday, October 13, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood - 29th Nov. 1972

Dear Fowled Propeller, Most humble appolyloggies, but you see It wasn't all my fault. More a case of goose crying fox ( as in button ) ? I was going to Basildump on Friday night to return the following day, but naughty Bill persuaded me ( with a meat cleaver and pole axe ) that I should go out for a drink with him as he was ill and in need of jovial companionship. And I did phone Dave up at 4.00 to advise him not to contemplate a journey in my direction., but unfortunatley you had already left on your ill -fated mission.Woe is a me bop! I do hope old P. has forgiven me, he did sound rather "put out" on the blower! Why didn't you call into Lunkies Road on the way back ? Too angry? Le chenil est la maison du chien. Non! The Dogs from next door, Sally the red setter and George the terrier have been sleeping in our green house every night this week and start howling about 1pm every morning! I think they have run away from home 'cos he only feeds them swill the pigs don't eat! We had three cats stay here the other night. Quite a little Y.C.D.C.A. ( Young Cats and Dogs Christian Association ) we have here! Our grey cat is very well thank you, just gave her some kipper ends to be going along with ( she gets lonely ) and she sat by the fire and licked herself and ate the porridge I'd left in the bowl. She's gone out to kill a couple of vermin I expect, the little rascal. I've got my Christmas decorations up now, one yellow balloon. Our fridge is not very well I'm afraid, he's hardly eaten anything these last few months, just a few old kippers without their ends. That's what the Labour Exchange said I was - "Unemployable"! I've been making my Xmas cards and presents etc. this week, but I didn't seem to have got very far with them. Ed had the cheek to ask me to make him a clock face for Christmas! Like asking Michael Angelo to do another Sistine Chapel ! Thanks for offering to buy me a silver bracelet for Christmas but a book would be very nice. Some poems perhaps? W.H. Davies or Stevie Smith? What else have they got? Did you see that Norman Wisdom film last night on after Laurel and Hardy? He's really great - one of my favourites! (Really?) Whatever happened to him? While I was waiting for a bus to Romford market last Friday I watched a rat in an old orchard nearby roll apples down a hole ( a relation to the North American Golpher?) so entranced was I by his activities I nearly missed the bus! At Romford market I bought two old Rupert books, one of which I remember having as a child. It gave me quite a buzz to flick through the pages again. Le crabe est beau. Un crapand mange le grand. My mind is a blanche! Must finish these carte noel. A bonus knockers mon ami- Michele Casse Noisette.

No comments: