Monday, October 01, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood - January 1972

Dearette C, One grey morning the snow began to fall in the Valley of the Moomins. It fell very softly and quietly, and in a few hours everything was white. Michael stood on his doorstep and watched the valley nestle beneath it's winter blanket. He gave a sigh as he stepped back into his warm little house and closed the little green door behind him. The log fire lit the room, flickering with shadows, the smell of chestnuts still persisted and the old roller skated reindeer with purple eyes was still asleep in the armchair. He listened to it's quivering antlers. ( fancy swirls and penship ) " Hans Breitmann gife a barty - Vhere ish dat baty now? " ( Charles Godfrey Leland ) ( a drawn skull and cross bones ) " Lord Ronald....flung himself on his horse and rode off in all directions. " ( Stephen Butler Leacock ) 2. I am listening to a perculier West Indian record of Bills - Calypso - but funny words - "Monica Do Do no girl sweeter in de world than you, Monica Do Do no girl sweeter in de world than you. Then she said to me, I think I am making baby. Then she said to me, I think I am making baby. Darlin' don't bite me, don't do that on me. When we start to roll I get sand all in me nose hole." I just looked at the label and it's sung by The Mighty Sparrow - no kiddin' ! Lynne is afraid to lock the chickens up as she heard the chicken hut door bang and thinks someone is hiding. They must be mad is they are , even the stoopid chickens don't like going in there! I heard someone speak and looked around but it was only the other stereo speaker - silly me! I've got a funny book on Kitsch from the library with some bad taste that looks good to me. Pictures of the Vatican printed on the Pope's WC and John F. Kennedy garden gnomes etc. Also a book about fairies by George McDonald called LILITH & PHANTASTES. I'm making a curry tonight, hot stuff! I'll have to use more curry powder as nobody went red or blew flames last time - most disappointing!

No comments: