Friday, October 12, 2018

Home Again

Nice to have Hazel home again after her three day enamelling course at West Dean college near Chichester. An amazing place by all accounts - once owned by the mad eccentric millionaire Edward James who built fantastic towers in the jungles of Mexico and was friends and patron of the Surrealists. The house is filled with surreal paintings and artifacts says Hazel and enjoyed her oppulent surroundings - she didn't really want to come home! Glad she did though , I missed her! We are not often seperated , in fact I can't think of any time over the last 20 years when we were! She went away to do an artist placement in Norway for a week when Archie was a baby and again to New York with students when he was a toddler - those were the only two times. Mind you, I had Archie to keep me company then. I was able to catch up with all those duff films from the charity shops I keep buying! The best was a Brazilian film " The Last Station" , a very sad but life affirming film about an orphan that goes to seek his relatives.

No comments: