Monday, November 22, 2004

Beyond Our Kennel


beyondourkennel
Originally uploaded by wastedpapiers.
Not only a great book of poems by John Hegley but cover art by yours truly. I sent John two collages and they choose not to use this one which was my favourite.( The one used can be seen below).
Nevermind, the other was used by Boomerang so seen quite widely in cinema foyers for a while.
Sunday was very quiet. Too wet for a walk and a headache didn't help. Hazel thinks I should get my eyes tested again as its been a couple of years since the last test.

beyondkennel
Published by Methuen in 1998.

4 comments:

mrdantefontana said...

I agree with U about choice of dogs.
Both are nice though.

..it's snowing in Sweden...

Wastedpapiers said...

Thanks Sebastian. Snow eh? I guess you don't have to dream of a white Christmas where you live? Archie can't wait for it to snow here so he can use his sledge he bought two years ago - it hasnt snowed since! Not real thick sledging snow anyway.

mrdantefontana said...

In the 70s-80s it snowed alot here around this time of year. But now it's just snowing a few days a year. But that is nice.
I remember Christmas-New Year 1979. We couldn't get out of the house for 6 days. I mean it literally! 3 meters of thick snow. We were glad we came out of that experience alive!

Wastedpapiers said...

Sounds scary! We havent had that much snow for many years. I remember the winters of my childhood being very snowy, but looking back through rose-coloured glasses one gets a twisted view of things. Dylan Thomas's "A Child's Christmas In Wales" is how I've always seen it too - poeticised and exaggerated.