Wednesday, August 25, 2004


Umbrellas
Originally uploaded by wastedpapiers.
Another rainy day here - getting a bit sick of this weather. I was supposed to deliver some collages to a photographer in Chester today but decided it was far too inclement. I phoned her to say I'd send them by post. She didn't seem to mind and even offered to post them back.
Up early so took oppertunity to watch Kill Bill Vol. 1 that I borrowed from the library. I was pleasantly surprised at the humour in it. The 100 minutes or whatever just flew by. I look forward to Vol. 2 though I've heard it's not as good.
Some nice "Animal Noises" songs from a french DJ in the post today. Some unusual songs that I've not heard before and old favourites like Spike Jones' "Old MacDonald's Farm" and The Singing Dogs rendition of "Jingle Bells". Spend afternoon compiling a reply of similar oddities.

5 comments:

Roger Stevens said...

I've a few bits and pieces music-wise gathering here.
Will send them soon but was waiting for a nice metal object to send Haze but had no luck there at all.

sylviasometimes said...

I viewed the enlarged picture(in your photostream) as I knew right away this was a brilliant picture. Just right on the mark, I think! Sounds like you had a good "mail day"...have had this little 33 1/3 RPM Popeye record laying around forever to send you...called "Fleas A Crowd". Will try to get it posted to you soon.

Wastedpapiers said...

OOOH! A popeye record! Sounds great! Be sure to pack it well as I've had records break in the post before now. The king of "Popeye" records was ofcourse the wonderful Billy Costello back in the 1930's the voice for all them great Fleischer Brothers cartoons.

sylviasometimes said...

Roger, dodger...will post safely & secure. Your "Umbrellas" photo reminds me a bit of the work of Henri Cartier Bresson. Very nice!

Wastedpapiers said...

I cannot claim creation of the nice umbrellas pic which I found on Dogpile. A nice prog about henri cartier bresson on the othert night here on BBC 2. If only I could take photos like that!