Saturday, July 31, 2004

The Kursaal Flyers Dada band

One of the interesting facts i learned from the excellent BBC 2 prog. about Viv Stanshall last night was that he once worked at the Kursaal amusement park in Southend-on-Sea in the late 50's early 60's before he formed the Bonzo Dog Dada band (later changed to Dooda ) He went to Southend Art School too I believe 2 years before I went there in 1963. I was going to have a nice photo of the Kursaal or the pier next to this but Flickr has decided to go for a walk. I'll try later.
It's the 31st. so not surprisingly things are going wrong.( 3 + 1 = 4) and 4 as we all know is an unlucky number. Unlucky thirteen adds up to four and so does twenty two. I'm not usually so superstitious - I'll happily walk under ladders and cross my knives and forks but the number four gives me uneasy feelings of doom and disaster. Paradoxically, seeing four magpies at once is considered quite lucky whilst only one is a bad omen.

No comments: