Thursday, September 27, 2018

Rose Croft, Brentwood, Essex. - 23rd August 1972

Dear Long Time No Hearers, Did you receive my little parcel? It's been some weeks now since I sent it and beginning to wonder whether the beastly cads at customs bagged it! Life at "Rose Croft" much the same. Enjoying the sun and having a good scratch. Drat these flies! A lovely hot air balloon floated over the garden today. Such an unusual sight - we just had to rush in for our trusty cameras to snap it. Lynne was upset as she didn't have any film left. The pussy-face is pregnant again, or suffering from a surfeit of mice! I've made some clock faces and cuckoo clocks and a friend brought two to give as presents. Bill and Ed are working for a decorator in London, but no work for me as yet. Can't say I'm particularly worried in that respect. I may be going up to Cheshire to stay awhile with friends who have moved to a house by a canal, which sounds so nice. I could do with a holiday , doing "nothing" is so tiring! Hope you are both well and happy. Michael

No comments: