Monday, October 04, 2010

Weakend


I think I have uploaded this photo before but its one of the few on the desktop at the moment due to some Friends ReUnited tinkering over the weekend. I joined again only to find out I hadn't really left. It kept telling me that someone was using my email address and code and then it dawned on me that it was me! Another senior moment. I seem to be getting more and more - just made a cheese and asparagus flan without eggs for some reason and in a very floppy plastic tray. It is oven proof but not ideal really. Shall have fun juggling it out of the oven and spilling contents down my leg.
Otherwise a fun packed weekend despite the torrential rain. Saturday was filled with shopping, collaging and some TV- watched Planet Of The Apes again- mainly for Archie's benefit who hadn't seen the original. He wasn't all that impressed. It still has it's moments of monkey fun.
Sunday was very wet but we foolishly drove ( or rather Hazel did with me cowering in the passenger seat) to a boot sale in Tarporley through rivers of rain making huge sploshing noises that made me jump and grab the gear stick. Hazel didn't appreciate this much as you can imagine! We got there eventually and amazed to see the community hall quite full. Got some silly games including Dastardly & Muttley. Also DVD of Dreamcatcher from a story by Stephen King.

In the afternoon as we dozed after lunch, watching the opening ceremony from the Commonwealth Games from Delhi, there came a knock at the front door and instead of the Mormons or double soffit salesman it was hazel's old college chum Stella and her other half who popped by on their way oop North. We had a nice chat and caught up with their kids education, degree ceremony photos, our photos of Australia etc. over some tea and biscuits. They showed us their caravanette whatsit parked outside complete with all mod cons. They were off to see Stella's Mom who lives up near Blackpool and then maybe the Lake District.

Today was a typical 4 day with wrong coat, walk to town, missed bus, no bargains, Q in post office, gas bills and magpies in the apple tree.
The faulty flan tasted OK thankfully so not all bad!

BTW the old photo above incase I didnt mention before was taken in 1966 outside the dining hut at the old Southend Art School in Victoria Circus. Soon after pulled down to make way for a roundabout of all things. The line up from left to right is, Ned Newitt, Richard Woods, Vic Mills (who collected the dinner vouchers ) Rick Cox, and skulking round the back is Russell Columbo. I took the photo with my trusty Box Brownie.

No comments: