Sunday, April 09, 2023

First Boot Sales Of The Year

Slim picken's at the two boot sales we went to this morning at Vagrants and Weston (near Crewe). Nice sunny day but a bitter wind was blowing so made it feel quite nippy. I should have worn my duffle coat! The thin raincoat wasn't doing it for me. Hazel had a thinner coat too and wished she'd worn something more substancial. I found nothing at Vagrants and the toilets were locked so took ages to get the bloke to open them. He said the wind had blown it shut. The next sale was a short drive away on the way to Stone. Much bigger but mostly household stuff and kids toys etc. Found a DVD of a Bill Murray film I'd not seen "Larger Than Life". Hazel got a few things including a fancy magic set in a wooden box, a moustache cup inscribed to a "Mr Harry Jones", some plants, an enamel bowl etc. It was nice to get back to the warm car.

1 comment:

Azerbaijan said...

Thanks for contributing so much to this blog