Sunday, September 13, 2026

Boot sale and Blakemere

I forget to take my camera so these are from the archives. The oldest being from the 70's when I helped Trevor with some junk he had compiled for a boot sale near him in Staffs. Thats a friend of his standing by the stall. Actually it may have been Cheshire as he lived near Tarporley at the time. The others are more recent at Whitegate Cricket Club and Blakemere I think. Hazel and Beth looking through stuff. I didn't get anything today as it was mostly horse tack and equine related gear at the Equine Centre near Tarvin. It was very boring although interesting to see the horses being readied for jumps and trotting or whatever they do. So many huge barns full of stables. It went on for miles! There was also a saddlery and resturant etc. How the other half live! After that we went to root through the junk at the antique centre. Hazel found repro tin toy but it was £8 and we have plenty. Another chap seemed interested so she let him have it.

No comments: