Sunday, September 28, 2014

Last Weekend in September

Slightly nippy starts to the day, especially yesterday. We had a nice wander round Matalan ( not my idea!) but I did get some new desert boot type shoes for the Winter. They are rubbing a bit so need thicker socks methinks. Afterwards we crossed the road to venture into Carey Park and a pleasant walk to Anderton Boat Lift. We've been many times but always a lot to see. Spotted some late summer/autumn blooms. Had a nice de-caff coffee overlooking the boat lift and watched the boats riding up from the River Weaver to the Trent and Mersey canal above ( and visa versa ). Amazed to see several bright shiny old Morgan sports cars parked outside when we left - must be an awayday treat for the local Morgan Clubbers I reckon. Today was warmer and eventually very warm and summery. Went over to a boot sale near Crewe - at cricket club ground. Quite a big gathering now that Vagrants has closed for the year ( the nearest boot sale to it ) . Hazel got a load of stuff ( see photo ) and tons of plants including an impressive fern. I just got another cheap copy of Wes Anderson's "The Royal Tenenbaums" with extra disc. I didnt think I had the extra disc but it turns out I do. Doh!

No comments: