Monday, August 28, 2006

Dank Holiday Monday


Went to the boot sale at Moss Farm this morning despite the ominous dark clouds and the showers. Luckliy the rain kept off until we had been round most of it. Surprisingly quite well attended though few bargains to be had. I found some scratchy records much to Hazel's annoyance including the Lonnie Donegan(above) and his first LP on Pye for a quid each. They are rather battered though so surprised if they are worth more than that. Also found Rambling Syd Rumpo by Kenneth Williams and some of George Formby songs from the terrible films he made. Archie got a couple of books and 8mm film splicer. Hazel got some fat balls for the bird table. When she got home she discovered some tablets for tummy upsets at the bottom of the bag - a free gift?
Archie bought Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 yesterday and has been playing it non-stop ever since, building more and more convoluted rides to make his punters feel queasy. He's been moaning for ages that the other RCT game didnt work properly on the new PC so he's happy now. I finished Halo and now playing Deus Ex 2 which is very complicated and I may ditch it soon if I still can't figure out what's going on.
There's another boot sale at Lostock but the rain still keeps coming down so I think we are giving it a miss.

3 comments:

Roger Stevens said...

I don't remember Lonnie ever looking that moody.

We went to a boot fair today. I bought an Elvis Costello CD and a laughter tracks CD. Jill bought a table lamp on one stall and a lampshade on another.Exciting times, eh?

And why are Jon and Sylv not retutrning my calls?

Jonathan said...

I've tried to leave comments for Roger...
Saturday the 9th of September, then...
What's a good time ???
We probably won't be buying the train tickets until the morning that we arrive (give us something to do before we can get into the hotel)...
So glad you can accomodate and look forward to seeing you...
Ah... we should get your phone number again...

Wastedpapiers said...

Nice to know that you go to boot sales too Roger and the things you buy. I'm fascinated by such trivia! Thats why my blog is full of it I guess!
That was Lonnie's second "difficult" album. The guitar strap got caught in his fly and the suede shoes he bought were too tight.
Jonathan, I have sent a message with phone no. etc. to your e-mail address.