Sunday, December 13, 2009

Robin


Nice walk around Shackerly Mere this morning while the sun was shining. We saw several robins or maybe the same one flitting about just in front of us - from branch to branch and turning over dead leaves to find bugs. He very kindly posed for this photo by the water's edge. part of the lake was frozen over and seagulls were skidding along looking most comical. The ducks too seemed to be in good spirits despite the cold and diving and splashing around as if they were at the beach at Brighton in July!
No boot sales today sadly but yesterday I walked into town and got a few "stocking fillers" and two scratchy records - one by a child progeny who plays the piano and sings Inka Dinka Do, the old Shnozzle Durante song- the worst version I have ever heard! The piano playing is Grade Two level and quite acceptable - her only claim to fame is that she starred in the film Girls Girls Girls with Elvis back in the 60's. The other record is a sleeveless copy of an old 50's Brunswick label 10" LP called Country Favourites Vol. 1" and it has a couple of real gems on it including Goldie Hill's "I Let The Stars Get In My Eyes".
Hear them at my Boot Sale Sounds audio blog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

this would make a good Xmas card..

Wastedpapiers said...

Thanks Anon. A bit too traditional for me - I like robins that look like they've swallowed a tennis ball! This one is far too thin!

Anonymous said...

I like ones with bells on.

Anonymous said...

I do.They makes things festive do bells.

Wastedpapiers said...

I shall have to remember to tie some to the pudden'

Roger Stevens said...

Lovely robin.

Wastedpapiers said...

It was a very lovely robin - not the slightest hint of aggression or bad temper.