Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fun Loving Artist


Fame at last! Here's a clipping from this weeks Northwich Guardian featuring that well known fun loving artist who likes to take his work to the library. Amused that they've put me on a page with all the other miscrients! On the opposite page is another old codger leaning at a similar angle and smiling back at me. You wonder if they do it on purpose or if it just ends up like that?

I braved the drizzle to go down town to pick up my prescription and face the mobs of autograph hunters. I bumped into Treena in Scope shop for a quick chat. She says she's got a performance with ice cubes on at Norton Priory this Sunday- we might pop along. Went round all the others but didnt find any bargains. Bought some fish for a fish pie. Went in library to take DVD back and checked that no pins had fallen out. Pushed my way through hoards of art lovers that surrounded my work. Not really.

Archie has the day off as he's got a nasty cold. Hazel isnt feeling too good either so this will be a fun Easter! Going to make a nice lunch now to try and cheer them up a bit.

8 comments:

Scrapatorium said...

Congrats! It is somewhat funny that you are surrounded by crime stories. Ray Johnson would have loved it!

Tell Hazel and Archie I hope they feel better soon.

Wastedpapiers said...

Thanks Angelica. I don't know whether to be flattered or annoyed!
Archie has just woken up for his late lunch. He seems o.k. A nap seems to have done him the power of good!

Jonathan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jonathan said...

Congratulations, Michael...
You look ever so "Fun Loving".
Perhaps the newspaper thought the exhibition was yet another crime.
At least they spelled your name right.

Wastedpapiers said...

Yes, Jonathan, I think you are probably right. Artists an underworld of sorts and so it seems quite natural for me to be rubbing shoulders with these other misfits of society!

Nice to to get my name spelled right and the photo isn't too bad either considering the ones I've had taken in the past where I've looked either very sinister or like some escaped lunatic!

cemenTIMental said...

Congratulations! :)

Jon said...

Congratulations. Nice photo too!

Wastedpapiers said...

Thanks Tim and Jon. I did think of having a comments book on a string at the library but it's usually kids who write obscenities in them so thought better of it! So it's nice to get comments here even though you can't see the work all that well. I did have links to my blogs on my "artists statement" so maybe I have got some extra visitors lurking.