Thursday, July 26, 2007

Far Far Away



Archie has made a new film about Wilf. He played the guitar on it too. Clever boy.
Yesterday we went to Crewe flea market. Got some cheap postcards and DVD of "Lost Boys" for pound, which is probably all it's worth. Thankfuly it had stopped raining and so it wasnt too bad. The sun came out in the afternoon so we decided to have lunch over in Nantwich at the wonky coffee shop over the bookshop in the really old building. Syl and Jonathan will remember it from their trip last year. We got served a bit quicker this time! Toasted cheese and tuna sarnies- I just had onion with mine. Then further shopping for clothes and junk. Archie tried on a jacket but it was too small and they didnt have a larger size. I bought a video of thingy ( transvestite comedian ) I hadnt seen before in the Oxfam shop.
Today it was Hazel's sisters 50th birdbath so we went for a meal to celebrate over at Plumley in a pub we sometimes go to on these occasions - the portions are giant size and it's very friendly. In fact the plates are so huge they hardly fit on the table. Hazel's MOm asked for a childs portion and all they changed was the size of the plate and the pile of food was just as big!
I had a pint of bitter which was a mistake as I felt very tired in the afternoon and dropped off on the sofa with my mouth open. Archie took some embarressing photos of me catching flies.
Then it was back to Granma's for tea and cake and a snooze and presnt opening. Hazel got some too as it;'s her birthday tomorrow. Not sure what we are doing. Maybe go and see the new Harry Potter film.

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Hazel...
I actually remembered, as it's the same day as my brother, Jim...
(but Michael secured my feeble rememberance)
Yes, we recall the sandwich shop in Nantwich... lucky your order didn't blow out the window this time.
One pint and you're OUT???
Practise,lad...

Jonathan said...

I forgot to thank Hazel for the WONDERFULL catalog... absolutely BRILLIANT.
Thank You....

Wastedpapiers said...

I expect all the windows were closed due to the imminent arrival of rain ( that didnt arrive ).
Yes, beer has always had this effect on me and more so now especially in the day time!

Wastedpapiers said...

Hazel said..Thank you Jon..and thank you for remembering...more than my "friends" did...mutter mumble......not even a text off any of them....
or e mail.....and it can't get any easier than that can it.....!!
Glad you liked Emblem..it was more David Crow's work than mine...but I am still chuffed with it.