Thursday, October 12, 2006

Archie's Birthday


It was Archie's 14th birthday on Tuesday so Granma and Auntie Audrey came round after school for a slice of cake and watch him open his cards and presents. We filmed the whole thing for posterity. We have nearly all his birthdays on film in one form or another. Hopefully it will be nice for him to look back on in years to come. I wish I could see what my birthday celebrations were like when I was a baby, toddler and teenager. Modern technology makes this all possible now and we take it so much for granted. When I was growing up in the early 50's you were lucky to get snapped by a box Brownie! I dont think I have any photos of any birthdays infact and have forgotten them all now which is a shame.
We are going out to the cinema at the weekend to see "Open Season" a new animation. Followed by a curry - another late birthday treat. Sadly it may be the last time we shall go to the Regal in Northwich as it is closing down for good soon as it isn't a viable concern anymore - people would rather stay in a watch a DVD it seems. I do understand that it is quite an expensive night out especially if you buy popcorn and drinks etc. but no replacing that unique feeling of laughing or crying in an audience. Mind you, the rustling of sweetie wrappers and the chair backs being kicked during the film does get a bit annoying at times I must admit. The end of an era. Its a lovely old 30's cinema too. I feel like watching "The Last Picture Show" by Peter Bogdanovitch and getting very nostalgic about the whole thing. If only we could get some tumbleweeds to roll past the Regal in it's final moments.

No comments: