Sunday, September 17, 2006

Double Boot Joy


The first boot today was at Hartford High School which isnt all that far - twenty minute drive, if that. Quite well publicised so very packed and cars spilling over into smaller carparks. Luckliy we found a parking space. I found some scratchy records- a 4 LP boxed set of George Formby (Hazel rolls eyes heavenward) I was very chuffed with - also a folk group called Fiddler's Dram who had a small hit in the 80's called "The Road To Bangor". Also an LP by a scottish chap called Will Fyffe from the 30's or 40's. I expect they will all end up at Boot Sale Sounds very soon.
Hazel didnt seem to get much - a box of pansies and a packet of pins? Archie didn't find much either- two lego skeletons. He produced them from his pocket and said "Oh no, they've died!"
We went home for some breakfast and Audrey phoned to say there was another boot sale at Witton Albion F.C. so we went over there too but it was almost time to pack up . I found a video , still in it's wrapper ( but no box) of BladeRunner ( the directors cut) for a quid. I don't think I've ever seen the directors cut so it will be nice to see it again and Archie might be old enough to enjoy it now.

1 comment:

Jon said...

teenage boys have their faults, but they have great sense of humour. I blame the hormones...

God bless male homrones.