Sunday, August 21, 2005

Oh Mr. Porter!


ajoinernorway
Originally uploaded by wastedpapiers.
Crash! I was woken at 2.30a.m. by what sounded like a tipper truck full of ming vases being driven into the bay window. Nobody else had woke up so I assumed it was just a dream but went down stairs in Hazel's pink dressing gown just incase it was burglars and the sight of me would frighten them away! I found piles of broken crockery and glass all over the quarry tiled kitchen floor- one of the shelves in the kitchen cupboard had collapsed and the contents had slid out making a lovely mess to clear up. I waited until morning though as I was still half asleep and didn't want to cut myself.
No bootsales today - none we knew the whereabouts of anyway. So After breakfast Hazel took Jackie to Matalan and Archie & I stayed at home.
Later we drove to Crewe and dropped Jackie off at the railway station after a few detours around Crewe's notorious one way, roundabout obsessed streets.


Peter Sellers/Temperence 7 - Ukulele Lady

Sol Hoopii - There's Nothing Else To Do

These You Send It files are available for seven days or until exhausted.

10 comments:

Jonathan said...

Looks like you'll need to find a boot sale to replace the crockery. The thought of you in Hazel's pink dressing gown scares me from here...

Nan said...

That's quite a picture you paint of a pink dressing gown flapping in the wind as you run down the steps to discover what happened.

Love the "joiner" as you call it. You have much better descriptive words for things there than we do here, or if we do I've had my head in the sand and not heard it.

I'm headed for the big city tomorrow to see if I can get a scanner in my price range. I'm so excited. Funny what gets the blood to rushing at my age. Cate

Wastedpapiers said...

I must point out that I don't make a habit of wearing Hazel's strange garb but it was dark and it was the first thing that came to hand! Honest!
I don't know who first coined the word "joiner" but I know David Hockney used the word alot for his photo mosaic type of thing.
What do you call them cate?
Good luck with the scanner. Hope you find a good one.
We have tons of crockery Jonathan- no need to buy any more! I've got to mend the shhelf today. the trouble is the brickwork in the kitchen is so incredibly hard that a masonary drill just dents it and so you can't drill a hole deep enough for the screws. That's why it fell out!

Scrapatorium said...

First it was a girl's school blazer, now Hazel's gown...hmmm. ;-)

Jonathan said...

Hammer drill, Michael...
it'll cut through that masonary like butter.
I'd lend you mine, but it works on our 110 volt current.

Wastedpapiers said...

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the pink dressing gown!
A hammer drill sounds like a good investment Jonathan. I will get Hazel one for Christmas! ha ha!

Nan said...

No luck on the scanner. Circuit City was out of the one I wanted to get (after the young fellow telling me about it was finished, my eyes were glossed over, and I was sure it was the one for me. Then he said they weren't in stock.) So now I either have to order over the internet, which I don't like to do, or wait for someone around here to go to the city again.

As for what we call the "joiner". . . Around here it's known as a "look at this, I think these two pictures will fit together and make one!" A rather long term if you ask me. Joiner is much simpler.

Wastedpapiers said...

Oh oh, brainless zombie smapper alert! I had to dump a few comments from idiots, obviously the same stupid twisted person, who gets his kicks from peddling this purile junk!
Luckily we have the dustbin for all this stuff.

Wastedpapiers said...

smapper? I think i have invented a new word! I meant spammer ofcourse.

Wastedpapiers said...

"Oh, Mr. Porter" was kind of prophetic as I recieved a DVD of that very same Will Hay film from a friend the very next day! How very coincidental! spooky even!