Friday, September 24, 2004

Boot sale sounds

Just a reminder that the Boot Sale Sounds can be accessed via the link to the left. Just uploaded a motely selection from previous flea markets and charity shop rummagings. As well as two tracks from the Monty Python team there is a strange Bollywood song, Gertie The Girl with the Gong by Elsie Carlisle, the Little One Eyed Trouser Snake and a Captain Beefheart cover by Frank Sidebottom.
They will remain until Monday probabaly. I'm hoping for some scratchy records and floppy tapes from the boot sale on sunday.

6 comments:

swapatorium said...

I just listened to 2 of your boot sale sounds. Very cool! I tried to do some of the others, but it must have died. I will try again later.

Wastedpapiers said...

Yes, sometimes the bandwidth thing is very annoying but what can i do? I had similar problems today over at the Oddio overplay group and could only download two songs out of the 5 available. Going back a bit later sometimes does the trick.

Roger Stevens said...

Frank Sidrebottom does Captain Beefheart?

Okay, you win. I'll sign up.

We did a couple of gigs with Frank Sidebottom. Very funny live. Ans, as you would expect, odd.

I know what he looks like...
but I'm not telling you.

Roger Stevens said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roger Stevens said...

Bugger. More mistypes. It's because it's lunchtime and I'm hungry.

Wastedpapiers said...

I bet his head was the same shape underneath?
Yes, up to 21 members of the Boot sale Sounds group now so join the club!